Who We Are:
- CFUW was founded in 1919. It is a National Organization of over 8,000 women in Canada whose members support equality, social justice, fellowship and lifelong learning for women and girls.
- CFUW Oakville was established in 1949.
What We Do:
- Explore a variety of interest groups with like minded women
- Listen to dynamic speakers at monthly meetings
- Expand our knowledge to advocate on current issues
- Support students through a Scholarship Fund
We Invite You to Join!
Follow us on social media using the icons at the top of this page.
- February’s Speaker, Maryam MantieghiMaryam Manteghi is an Oakville based family and immigration lawyer with over six years of experience working with the United Nations. She will speak about “Working in Bosnia” In addition to working with the United Nations,
- A Successful Holiday DinnerOur December 4th Holiday Dinner included socializing, a wonderful meal, and successful fundraising for our Scholarship Fund. See the slideshow and video below. The music was provided by The Two Families Band who were recently from Ukraine. Their music inspired guests to leave their seats …
- The Scholarship and Award application form is now available for download.Please choose Scholarship/Award Application from the menu above. Applications are to be submitted by Monday, April 22, 2024.
- Anniversary CookbookThe Anniversary cookbook from CFUW Oakville: *Make Bake Celebrate* is now in print, celebrating 75 years of advocacy, encouragement, and support of education and lifelong learning for Oakville women. Profits go to building a strong, self-supporting scholarship endowment fund. See below to order.
- January 2024, our Speaker, from the Jane Goodall InstituteBella Lam joined the Jane Goodall Institute of Canada in 2016 working with the Programs team in community-centred conservation through the lens of gender and climate justice. In June 2022, Bella was appointed as the CEO to lead the Institute in forging a strategic path …
- November Meeting, our SpeakerTim Burrows has owned and driven battery-electric cars for the past 10 years and has logged over 300,000 kilometres without the need for gasoline or diesel fuel. He now enjoys sharing his EV experience with others and breaks down many myths and misconceptions about electric …
- October 16 Meeting and our SpeakerDC Thomas with the Corporate Crime Section of Financial Crimes Organized Crime Unit will speak about her role as investigator and will share her vast knowledge of “Romance Scams”.