Who We Are:
- CFUW was founded in 1919. It is a National Organization of over 8,000 women in Canada whose members support equality, social justice, fellowship and lifelong learning for women and girls.
- CFUW Oakville was established in 1949.
What We Do:
- Explore a variety of interest groups with like minded women
- Listen to dynamic speakers at monthly meetings
- Expand our knowledge to advocate on current issues
- Support students through a Scholarship Fund
We Invite You to Join!
Follow us on social media using the icons at the top of this page.
- October 16 Meeting and our SpeakerDC Thomas with the Corporate Crime Section of Financial Crimes Organized Crime Unit will speak about her role as investigator and will share her vast knowledge of “Romance Scams”.
- How Great Lakes Influence Fall and Winter Weather in OntarioWeather Network meteorologist, Mark Robinson looks at the role Great Lakes water temperatures play in weather systems during fall and winter. He talks with Dr. David Sills, Executive Director of the Northern Tornadoes Project at Western University’s Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering. Read the …
- September 18 Meeting and our SpeakerWelcome our speaker Beth Foster with “Forest Bathing–Your Guide to Energy, Power and Healing” The meeting begins at 7 but the doors are open at 6:30. Visit this post to read more about our speaker and the meeting
- See our 2023 Scholarship and Award Winners.Application form for 2024 will be available in January. -Press Release- CFUW-Oakville announces Scholarship Winners: $26,500 for 2023 CFUW-Oakville announces the successful recipients of the University Women’s Club of Oakville Scholarship Fund awards for 2023.
- Hikers 2 Final Season HikeJoin us in the fall for more adventures like the one we enjoyed on this lovely day in June on the Morrison Valley Trail. To see the list of other interest groups click here. Watch for updates as we plan for September
- Dragon Boat NewsCongratulations to our Dragon Boat team, “Sync or Swim” for a very successful and fun season! We had a team of 20 plus women including alternates, practice every Wednesday evening for 6 weeks with the Burloak canoe Club.
- See our list of speakers for the next year, 2023 – 2024.Choose from our home page menu items above or links in this post for more information